If you’re like me and have more candy than trick-or-treaters, or if your kids got way too many that they can handle, here are some delicious suggestions of what to do with them. (Note: some of these suggestions may even be healthy!)
- Melt in microwave and dip strawberries or bananas in it. Refrgierate until hardens.
- Mix with almonds (or other types of nuts), drop by spoonful onto foil and refrigerate for delicious nut clusters.
- Melt and put in yogurt.
- Add some heavy cream and heat together in a saucepan for a ganache which you can put as icing on cupcakes and cakes.
- Put in blender with soymilk/almond milk for a shake . You can also add banana and/or peanut butter to it.
Mini candy bars (such as mini Snickers, etc)
- Chop up and use as an ice cream topper, cake, pie or cupcake decorations.
Candy (such as Skittles, gummy bears, cut up Twizzlers and gummy worms, etc)
- Use as ice cream/frozen yogurt toppers.
Ice cream and frozen yogurt are actually healthier “junk foods” because they contain some calcium, and if you buy all-natural, there are no artificial ingredients.
- Crush and put in hot chocolate.