You don’t need to take a selfie like Ellen’s to see a lot of celebrities at once. The world-famous wax museum, Madame Tussauds, has over 200 of the most interesting celebrities and famous people. My family & I recently got to see them all in the Times Square location. Here are pictures from our experience, plus tips at the end of the post.
Each figure costs approximately $220,000, takes about 3-4 months to complete and involves a team of 20 artists.
The Spirit of New York was one of our favorite rooms!
The Music Experience room was awesome!
My kids had a blast being in the spotlight!
My husband and older son LOVED the sports room!
- During the summer and busy seasons the lines can be long so now is a good time to go! (We waited about 5 minutes in line).
- It takes about 1.5 hours to go through the entire exhibit, so plan accordingly and don’t forget to bring a camera!
- Be sure to see the 12 minute 4D movie. It’s about all the Marvel superheroes. The 4D experience has vibrating seats, mist, wind and other cool effects. It was an awesome experience and it’s included in the price of admission.
- You can bring a stroller, although some areas have some stairs.
- You can’t bring in food but you can buy food throughout the exhibit.
- The store at the end of the exhibit is not cheap, but it has some really unique items (you can buy your very own Oscar!)
- Save 20% off your ticket when you book online.
I was not compensated for this post. I received tickets to the museum.